Personal information is data that identifies you, such as your name, contact information, health history and so on. We and our third-party service providers may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- Other information you provide us
Remember, IF YOU SUBMIT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OF OR RELATING TO THIRD PARTIES TO US OR OUR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS IN CONNECTION WITH gohikenc.com, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DO SO.
How We Handle Personal Information
We and our third-party service providers may use Personal Information to:
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- Send to you administrative information, including information regarding any solutions or tools we provide on gohikenc.com and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To allow you to share data from a tool or solution we provide on our website to your friends
- Personalize your experience on our website by presenting offers tailored to you.
We may disclose your Personal Information for one or more of the following reasons:
- To our third-party service providers that provide services such as hosting of gohikenc.com, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services. Please note that we may use cloud service providers in connection with the hosting of gohikenc.com and the storage of Personal Information, and that we may have limited or no opportunity or ability to impose contractual restrictions on these and other service providers.
- By you, on pages and services to which you are able to share or post information. Please note that any information that you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to other users of Blue Link and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, via Blue Link.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
We will disclose information to government officials or others if we are legally required to do so. In addition, certain statutory authorizations allow us to disclose personal information in emergency situations or to protect our rights, privacy, safety, and property, or that of our affiliates, you or others. We disclose personal information to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We May Collect
In addition, we may collect a variety of Other Information that is not individually identifiable, including:
- Browser information
- Server log files
- Operating system
- IP address from the pages you visited
- URL of the page that referred you
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information
- Aggregated information
We may be required to share information you provide us through gohikenc.com in other, limited circumstances in which we may share or transfer the information you provide us through gohikenc.com, for example, to respond to judicial process, to comply with state, federal, or local laws, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or website, to take precautions against liability, in the event of a corporate reorganization or, to the extent required by law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of gohikenc.com may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on gohikenc.com. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of gohikenc.com [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Because Other Information is not personally identifiable, we reserve the right to use and disclose Other Information for any purpose. If we match Other Information with Personal Information, we treat the combination as Personal Information or, as appropriate, as long as the information is combined.
We have implemented measures, consistent with consistent with standards for like websites, designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to gohikenc.com. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on gohikenc.com
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEB SITES, NO LIABILITY
Gohikenc.com provides links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties (“third party sites”) and may from time to time provide third party materials on this site. These sites are independently owned and operated by third parties, who have their own privacy practices. The third party materials in this site and the third party sites are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Blue Cross NC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. Blue Cross NC does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the third party materials in the third party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise.
Gohikenc.com does not direct this site to children or knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. If a child has provided personally identifiable information through gohikenc.com, we request that a parent or guardian contact us to work with them to delete from our records personal information that a child may have disclosed improperly on this site.
We are sincerely committed to protecting your personal privacy. While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our members’ trust. Keeping information secure and using it in a responsible manner is a top priority for Blue Cross NC.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information provided via gohikenc.com, please contact us.